FlexiCache 22.214.171.124, wordpress plugin, install FlexiCache, download FlexiCache, availability, cache, caching, memcache, performance, speed, uptime
FlexiCache is a fast, full-featured and flexible caching system which will improve the performance and availability of any WordPress site.
It is highly configurable to allow unlimited caching rules – expiring different pages at different times, not caching some pages at all, caching multiple versions of the same page depending on browser, language, and so on.
FlexiCache will also work straight out of the box without any need for complex configuration.
FlexiCache is a fast, full-featured and flexible caching system which will improve the perform…
- Extensively configurable using user-defined conditions
- Handling of high-traffic periods where multiple clients may simultaneously request uncached or expired items
- Standalone mode which bypasses WordPress and third-party theme and plugin code to serve cached pages faster
- Choice of storage engines: Filesystem, Memcache and SQLite
- Pre-caching functionality to cache new versions of pages before the existing ones expire
- SQLite indexing of Filesystem and Memcache stores to speed up removing specific items from the cache (automatically enabled if SQLite is available)
- Sends appropriate HTTP cache headers to the requesting client
- Serves files in compressed formats accepted by the requesting client
- Compatible with WordPress MU
Installation of FlexiCache
Please note that FlexiCache requires at least PHP 5.
For cache indexing, you should enable the SQLite extension (), but this is not a requirement for the plugin to work.
- Copy the flexicache plugin directory into your WordPress “plugins” directory (the new directory should be called “wp-content/plugins/flexicache”)
- If you intend to run the plugin in Standalone mode, check that is enabled in Apache.
- If you intend to use the Memcache storage engine, you will need a and .
- In your WordPress admin area, visit the “Plugins” page and activate FlexiCache. FlexiCache will not start caching until it is also enabled in its own config.
- Ensure that your web server has permission to write to the “_data” directory inside the plugin directory.
- Click on the “Configuration & Status” link (or go to Settings | FlexiCache) and read the Documentation section.
- Configure and enable FlexiCache.